Ejar is aimed to preserve the rights of the tenant rights at all stages of the rental process, starting from the inspection of the residential unit, ensure its integrity before signing the Standard Contract with the landlord, which in turn is obliged to perform regular maintenance and responsible for building safety, and ending with facilitating the rental process for the tenant through the Rental Services E-Network "Ejar, which allows the tenant to enjoy a number of services, including:
- Electronic integration with several government entities such as the National Information Center, the Ministry of Commerce and Investment and the Ministry of Justice. The integration is underway with other agencies such as the Ministry of Labor and Social Development, the Saudi Post, the National Water Company and the Saudi Electricity Company.
- Electronic Payment Service (SADAD), which allows the option of monthly, quarterly, half yearly or yearly payments in the event this is agreed upon by the parties.
- Access to supporting reports, such as the Residential Unit Maintenance Report.
- Verification the compliance of the real estate broker with the regulations.
The obligations of the tenant include:
- Paying the due rent on time;
- Maintaining the residential unit in a good condition;
- Adhering to the terms of the contract; and
- Avoiding disturbing neighbors.
Cases of breach for the lease by the tenant include:
- Non-payment of rent;
- Non-payment of utility bills payable by him according to the agreement, such as the water bill;
- Causing severe damage to the real estate unit; or
- Using the real estate unit in purposes other than those specified for it.
Guidelines for the tenant to avoid disputes and minimize their likelihood:
- The tenant should accompany the landlord or real estate broker when inspecting the real estate unit.
- The tenant should read the contract details carefully to make sure of all terms agreed upon.
- The tenant should pay the rent on time.
- The tenant should hand over the real estate unit in the same condition when it was received.
- The tenant should make sure that the residential unit is clean before official handing over to the landlord.