“Ejar” is a comprehensive system that aims to develop housing and real estate sector in Saudi Arabia in a balanced way, by creating sustainable solutions for the challenges of the real estate market that preserve the rights of all parties concerned with the lease. The Rental Services E-Network “Ejar” is considered one of the most important solutions that aim to regulate the relationship between the parties of the rental process (tenant, landlord and real estate broker) which include a set of integrated e-services that will contribute to creating a tenancy sector characterized by transparency, trust and neutrality.
The key services provided through Ejar include:
- Conclusion of leases electronically, using the residential tenancy standard contract which serves as an executive instrument certified by the Ministry of Justice;
- Electronic integration with several government entities such as the National Information Center, the Ministry of Commerce and Investment and the Ministry of Justice. The integration is underway with other agencies such as the Ministry of Labor and Social Development, the Saudi Post, the National Water Company and the Saudi Electricity Company.
- Electronic Payment Service (SADAD).
- Access to supporting reports such as: Tenancy Credit Record of the tenant and the landlord. and the Residential Unit Maintenance Report.
- Verification of the identity of both the tenant and landlord.
- Verification of the landlord ownership of the leased residential unit.
- Verifying the compliance of the real estate broker with the regulations.
- Qualifying and training of the real estate brokers.
To become the main driver for development and enhancement of trust in tenancy market which creates balance between demand and supply and ensures sustainability and improvement in this sector.
To regulate and facilitate the residential real estate market through rules and motivational mechanisms that preserve rights and create balance in the market with safe and accurate standards, live up to the aspirations of a community with deep-rooted values, flourishing environment and strong ties.
- To regulate the relation between the parties of the rental process (tenant, landlord and real estate broker).
- To develop standard leases that meet the needs of involved parties and authenticate them to be executive.
- To qualify and license real estate brokers and set policies and regulations for the work of real estate brokerage offices, after providing them with the necessary training and qualification.
- To reduce the number of tenancy related lawsuits.
- To improve the performance of the residential market and raise its contribution to the gross domestic product.
Transparency – Trust - Neutrality.