Council of Ministers’ Resolution on Creation of Ejar Network
Council of Ministers’ Resolution No. 131 dated 03/04/1435
The Council of Ministers,
Within its authority,
upon perusal of the file received from the Minister of Housing regarding Draft Rules for Enhancing Confidence in Residential Tenancy Market,
Hereby approves a number of measures in this regard, including the following:
- The Ministry of Housing shall create an electronic network for tenancy services, to facilitate and authenticate tenancies, enhance confidence between tenancy agreement parties, register mutual obligations between landlords, tenants, and real estate brokers in residential tenancy sector.
- The network members shall be of licensed and eligible real estate brokers.
- The National Information Center shall allow network members verification of client identities (landlords and tenants). The Ministry of Housing shall create a record for the clients whose contracts are completed through the network.
- The Ministry of Housing shall coordinate with the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency for the necessary arrangements to provide electronic payment services for the payments of leases signed through the network, and to provide the available payment methods.
- The leases through the network signed in writing or electronically shall be authenticated in terms of documentation and execution.
The aim of the network approved by the Council of Ministers is to regulate and enhance trust between the parties transacting in the residential tenancy market and service providers in this sector. It also aims to facilitate the collection and analysis of data and enable tenants, landlords and real estate brokers, as per case, to verify the client identity, especially when communicating with him through the network portal, as well as to provide the electronic payment service and facilitate conclusion and implementation of tenancy transactions.